The European Southern Observatory (ESO) in collaboration with the science education event organiser Sterrenlab are organising the third ESO Astronomy Camp on the topic of the Solar System and Extrasolar Planets, dedicated to school students aged between 16-18.
Invite your students to sign up for the camp until 4 October and enjoy the extraordinary experience of exploring the Universe! Lectures, hands-on activities, nighttime observations, social activities, winter sports, and excursions will all be part of the schedule.
The camp will take place from 26 December 2015 until 1 January 2016 at the Astronomical Observatory of the Aosta Valley, located in Saint-Barthelemy, Nus, Italy. The registration fee of 500 euros covers full board accommodation, supervision by professional staff, all astronomical and leisure activities, materials, excursions, internal transport, and insurance. Bus transport between the observatory and the airport of Milan Malpensa will be provided.
In addition a series of bursaries are offered by the following institutions:
- The European Southern Observatory
- Institute of Astronomy of Leuven: Belgium
- Stellar Astrophysics Centre at Aarhus University: Denmark
- German Astronomical Society: Germany
- Istituto Nazionale di Astrofisica: Italy
- Polish Astronomical Society: Poland
- Ciência Viva: Portugal
- Center for the Promotion of Science: Serbia
- Spanish Astronomical Society: Spain
- Swedish Astronomical Society: Sweden
- University of Geneva: Switzerland
- Eyuboglu High School: Turkey
- Royal Astronomical Society: United Kingdom
More information can be found at:
ESO's website: http://www.eso.org/public/
The camp website: http://www.sterrenlab.com/